Job Posting: Development Director
North Carolina AIDS Action Network
The North Carolina AIDS Action Network (NCAAN) is looking for a new member to join its team. The Development Director has primary responsibility for designing and implementing the organization’s fundraising strategy, with a focus on grant writing, online and direct mail appeals, and events.
NC AIDS Action Network (NCAAN) is the only statewide organization in North Carolina solely focused on improving the lives of those living with HIV & viral hepatitis along with affected communities. This is an exciting and dynamic time for the NC AIDS Action Network, and the development director will join the organization after several years of significant political victories and organizational growth. The NC AIDS Action Network has won significant victories for LGBTQ health & built toward long-term success in North Carolina. Due to NCAAN’s advocacy over the last three years, the state’s HIV Medication Assistance Program is currently fully funded, the state legislature has increased appropriations for viral hepatitis testing and treatment, and North Carolina modernized the state’s HIV criminal law.
This is an exempt, full time position based in Raleigh NC with health insurance provided. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
This position will:
- Maintain the calendar of foundation grants and reports and lead grant writing and reporting processes with input and support from the executive director and other staff.
- Develop and oversee comprehensive individual donor solicitation, including digital and direct mailings, along with integration into organizational programmatic events and activities.
- Manage fundraising events to attract and retain donors, including two existing annual events with a track record of success.
- Support Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors. Work with board members to expand the donor network.
- Support executive director in retaining and cultivating new major donors.
- Build and maintain fundraising system, including database, acknowledgment systems, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Successful and proven track record in nonprofit and/or political fundraising.
- 3 – 5 years of progressively responsible management in development.
- Candidate needs to have a strong attention to detail, and be able to carry out tasks efficiently.
- Strong written communications and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
The opportunity will involve some travel, and candidates will need access to transportation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Jobs@NCAAN.org. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and strong preference will be given to applications received by March 20th, 2019.
NCAAN is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including people living with HIV.
The North Carolina AIDS Action Network is committed to encouraging and sustaining an environment that is free from prohibited discrimination and harassment. NCAAN prohibits discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived HIV status, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age in the administration of its employment, policies, programs, and any other NCAAN activities. NCAAN also makes good faith efforts to recruit, employ, and promote qualified people living with HIV, minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.