Job Posting: Executive Director
North Carolina AIDS Action Network
The North Carolina AIDS Action Network (NCAAN) is the only statewide organization in North Carolina solely focused on improving the lives of those living with HIV & viral hepatitis along with affected communities. The North Carolina AIDS Action Network has won significant victories for LGBTQ health & built toward long-term success in North Carolina. Due to NCAAN’s advocacy over the last four years, the state’s HIV Medication Assistance Program is currently fully funded, the state legislature has increased appropriations for viral hepatitis testing and treatment, and North Carolina modernized the state’s HIV criminal law. The North Carolina AIDS Action Network is currently looking for a new Executive Director to join its team.
The new Executive Director will assume primary operating and oversight responsibility for NCAAN, with support and direction from the Board of Directors, to advance NCAAN’s work and mission. This executive leader will drive strategic, administrative, and financial decisions and will bring creative leadership to envisioning and enacting policy priorities for people directly impacted by HIV, Hep C, and related health issues in an often challenging political and cultural environment.
The Executive Director will bring new energy and expertise to NCAAN and will work with Board, staff, and constituents to develop and implement a renewed strategic vision and direction for the organization, to include the following priorities (as identified by key internal and external stakeholders):
▪ Strategically grow and expand organizational capacity and the systems and structures to support current and future growth
▪ Continue to build, organize, and support a network of grassroots advocates in communities across the state, with particular focus on rural areas, Black and Brown communities and other underserved and over burdened populations
▪ Clarify and align NCAAN’s mission, goals, and priorities
▪ Increase and diversify funding and funding sources
▪ Advance policy and advocacy capability and impact, including deepening relationships with elected officials and other policy makers across the political spectrum
The Executive Director will function as a public representative and spokesperson for NCAAN in raising awareness, challenging HIV-related stigma, and advocating for sound public policies. This position requires a visionary leader, a highly organized manager, and a great collaborator who thrives on building effective teams with diverse constituents.
For more information on the position & the full recruitment profile: RECRUITMENT PROFILE — NCAAN Executive Director
Inquiries, nominations, or applications (including a resume and cover letter framing interest and fit with this Recruitment Profile) can be sent in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kevin Chase Executive Search Group has been retained to lead this recruitment effort on behalf of NCAAN. The Kevin Chase Executive Search Group is pleased to answer any questions or supply further information.