The North Carolina AIDS Action Network is looking for a new member to join its team. The Administrative Assistant has responsibility for supporting day to day operations.
The NC AIDS Action Network (NCAAN) is the only statewide organization in North Carolina solely focused on improving the lives of those living with HIV & viral hepatitis along with affected communities. This is an exciting and dynamic time for the NC AIDS Action Network, and the Administrative Assistant will join the organization after several years of significant political victories and organizational growth. The NC AIDS Action Network has won significant victories for LGBTQ health & built toward long-term success in North Carolina. Due to NCAAN’s advocacy over the last four years, the state’s HIV Medication Assistance Program is currently fully funded, the state legislature has increased appropriations for viral hepatitis testing and treatment, and North Carolina modernized the state’s HIV criminal law.
This is an hourly position, and expected to work an average of 20 hours a week. Hours will be flexible, and the ideal candidate would have the ability to increase hours prior to major NCAAN events.
This position will:
– Assist staff in managing organizational email database and mailings related to volunteers and donors.
– Supports organization and program staff with logistics for trainings and events, including ordering catering, registration, booking event space, and more.
– Manage travel and calendar for the executive director.
– Submit regular required paperwork and forms for lobbying, charitable solicitation, and other activities.
– Assist in monthly financial accounting.
– Proofreads documents and reports for errors.
– Oversee and order new office supplies.
– Maintain internal organizational calendar and operations.
– Other duties as assigned.
This position will be based in the triangle of NC.
At least 1 year of related work experience.
Candidate needs to have a strong attention to detail, and be able to carry out tasks efficiently.
Candidate must be able to take initiative, set goals and accomplish them.
Strong written communications and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Jobs@NCAAN.org. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and strong preference will be given to applications received by November 13, 2020. More information for this job posting posting can be found here.